UPDATED details for Bound Edition release party.
It will be clear and cool tonight. Perfect holiday weather.
If you’ve never been to Texas Live, the epitome of an under-promise/over-deliver, you’re going to be blown away. (And if you have visited, you know why it’s worth coming back.)
Tonight, you’ve got a chance to meet a whole bunch of Rangers players, plus the manager and GM and others, and get them to autograph things for you. Maybe even some Texas Rangers books. A chance to stack up some pretty cool holiday gifts for those on your lists.
And you can tap into the holiday spirit even further by bringing new, unwrapped toys and books to donate and make some kids’ holidays even better, as we help support the Rangers Foundation’s Cowboy Santas toy drive.
(And please don't be misled by the first sentence — the party is indoors.)
This will be the last update I send out about tonight’s party, which is the last book release party I’ll ever throw. Details are below — and while I can’t promise any surprise guests in addition to those listed, I’m not going to rule it out, either. If there are further updates, I will send those out on Twitter (@newbergreport).
See you tonight.
UPDATED details for our last Bound Edition release party ever — on Tuesday, December 4:
- Tuesday, December 4, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Texas Live, 1650 E Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76011 (next to Globe Life Park)
- In the PBR Texas space, overlooking construction at Globe Life Field
- Restaurants and bars throughout Texas Live, plus a 100-foot HD TV among dozens of TV’s
- Guests (approximately 6:30-7:30) — autographs and (time permitting) Q&A:
- Rangers manager Chris Woodward
- Rangers player development field coordinator Jayce Tingler
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels
- Outfielder Delino DeShields
- Outfielder Willie Calhoun
- Catcher Jose Trevino
- Lefthander Taylor Hearn
- Bob Sturm of Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket and The Athletic
- Jared Sandler of 105.3 The Fan and the Rangers Radio Network
- For sale: The 2019 Bound Edition ($25), plus copies of the Bound Editions from the two World Series seasons ($15 each) — cash, checks, and credit cards accepted
- Admission: Free — but please consider bringing new and unwrapped toys and books to help support the Rangers Foundation’s Cowboy Santas Toy Drive program (we’ll have a dropoff area for toys and books)
Our Rangers guests will sign your Bound Editions (or whatever else you bring — but to move things along we will ask you to limit your autographs to three items per player). These make pretty cool gifts, I think.
Very kid-friendly event.
This is the last Bound Edition I will write. Thanks to all of you who have kept that part of the project going. I’m grateful.
And that means it’s our last book release party, too. It’s the first we’ll do in the really cool Texas Live space, and the first that will include Q&A with JD — plus your first opportunity to meet manager Chris Woodward.