Here's the list of prizes we've lined up for the auction/raffle at our 13th Annual Newberg Report Night (Day) at Globe Life Park, which will be on Saturday, November 18 (event details below the list):
* Rangers jersey autographed by 40-50 former players, including Pudge Rodriguez
* Authentic Kason Gabbard jersey signed by Darren O' Day
* Game-worn, autographed Cole Ragans Spokane jersey
* Autographed (unbroken) Ronald Guzman bat
* Behind-the-scenes home game experience, including one inning in Rangers TV broadcast booth, visit to Chuck Morgan, and 4 game tickets
* Behind-the-scenes home game experience, including one inning in Rangers radio broadcast booth, visit to Chuck Morgan, and 4 game tickets
* Behind-the-scenes home game experience with Emily Jones, including dugout, broadcast booth, and production truck visits -- includes four game tickets
* Behind-the-scenes home game experience with Assistant VP/Business Operations Hoggy Price, including opportunity to help rub up game balls for that game and meet the umpires -- includes four game tickets
* RoughRiders experience package: all-inclusive package (premium food and drinks) for a night in the Lazy River for 25 people + a pregame meet and great with players and staff (available on mutually convenient date for 2018 season)
* RoughRiders experience package: Watch BP on the field with Michael Tepid, and get three press credentials, three game tickets, and three passes to eat free in the JCPenney Club (available on mutually convenient date for 2018 season)
* Studio sit-in and station tour with the Hardline (Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket) (up to 6 people)
* Studio sit-in with Ben and Skin Show (105.3 The Fan), followed by dinner (up to 4 people)
* Studio sit-in with BAD Radio (Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket), including lunch catered by Eatzi's (up to 6 people)
* Studio sit-in with GBag Nation Show (105.3 The Fan), including lunch (up to 4 people)
* Studio sit-in with Norm Hitzges & Donovan Lewis (Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket), including pre-show prep session and station tour (up to 4 people)
* In-studio dinner and game-watching with Diamond Talk hosts Sean Bass and Ty Walker (Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket) (up to 4 people)
* Round of golf with Rangers TV broadcasters Tom Grieve and Dave Raymond
* Dinner with Eric Nadel & Brad Sham donated by TJ’s Seafood Market (4 people)
* Lunch with Brad Sham
* Lunch with Grubes
* Lunch with Scott Lucas, Levi Weaver, Michael Tepid, & Jamey Newberg
* Free one-year subscription to The Upset, Levi Weaver's new DFW sports subscription site (www.theupsetsports.com)
* 2010 Bound Edition of the Newberg Report, signed by Michael Young
* Glass-boxed Dallas Stars jersey autographed by 2016-17 team, including Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin
* Autographed Pudge Rodriguez baseball
* Autographed Alex Claudio baseball
* Autographed Mike Napoli bat
* Autographed copy of Josh Hamilton's "Beyond Belief" autobiography
* "Wolfpack" shirt autographed by closer C.J. Wilson and other members of the 2009 Rangers bullpen
* Two "Grubes" bobbleheads
* Two seats on 30-yard line (lower bowl, behind Cowboys bench), plus parking pass, to Cowboys 2018 pre-season game of your choice
* Gift basket from Legal Draft Beer Company and certificate for visit/tasting at the taproom (2 separate winners, 4 people each)
* Thanksgiving turkey from Rudy’s BBQ
* Thanksgiving ham from Rudy’s BBQ
* Gift cards to Rudy’s BBQ (four separate winners)
* Gift cards to Mooyah Burgers & Fries (two separate winners)
* Two Dallas Stars tickets to December 5 game
* Newberg Report Bound Editions from the two Rangers World Series seasons
If you have anything you’d like to donate to the event to be raffled or auctioned off, please let me know as soon as possible.
This year our event will benefit the hurricane relief effort in Puerto Rico, a region that the Rangers have a widespread and long-standing history with. The event will likely begin late that morning and go into mid-afternoon.
** We are also going to use this event to help support Devin Pike's fight against throat cancer, which has returned after 23 years in remission. Details: http://www.newbergreport.com/article.asp?articleid=4483
Title sponsors are Joel Patterson of The Vested Group; David & Donna Gamble of SFMG Wealth Advisors; Rudy's BBQ; Couch & Russell Financial Group; and Paranoid Fan.
Admission is $20 per person.
This is a very kid-friendly event.
10:30 Doors open (Hall of Fame Theater)
You’ll have the opportunity in the lobby to make a donation to our designated charitable cause, which this year will be the One America Appeal organization launched by our five living former U.S. Presidents, in support of the disaster relief effort in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria. You can donate any amount; for every $10 you donate, you will get one ticket for a memorabilia raffle we’ll have during the event.
11:00 Roundtable Q&A featuring Scott Lucas, Will Carroll, Levi Weaver, and Michael Tepid
As the theater fills up, Scott, Will, Levi, and Michael will field your questions on the Rangers and on sports injuries. These are really smart baseball guys with an 80-grade sense of humor (maybe 70 in Tepid’s case), and this portion of the event has been fantastic every year. Scott, Will, and Michael return; this will be Levi’s first time with microphone foisted. Should be fun.
12:00 Raffle/auction, charitable presentation
As we’ve always done, we use this event to raise money for charitable efforts, including through your purchase of raffle tickets that day. For every $10 you donate, you will get one ticket for the raffle. Whoever makes the largest donation at the event will get his or her choice of any of the prizes. The remaining prizes will be raffled off.
We’ll then also have a number of special items to put up for a quick live auction, presided over by award-winning auctioneer Bret Richards. If you have anything you’d like to donate to the event to be raffled or auctioned off to raise money for the Puerto Rico hurricane relief effort, please let me know as soon as possible.
See the top of this post for an evolving list of what we will auction and raffle off.
After the auction we’ll make a quick charitable presentation.
1:00 Jon Daniels Q&A
Rangers GM Jon Daniels will join us, as he has the 12 previous Newberg Report Nights, for a lengthy Q&A session. The Saturday event is two days after the weeklong GM Meetings in Orlando conclude, and three weeks before the Winter Meetings, in what is a lock to be a very busy and important off-season.
If you’ve ever been to one of our events, you know how extraordinarily open and honest JD is with us. This is a really unique opportunity, one of my favorite days on the baseball calendar every year — and as JD has told us in the past, one of his as well.
Jon is expected to arrive around 1:00 and take your questions in the theater for about an hour and 30 minutes.
The cost, once again, is just $20, and you can pay in one of two ways:
• Or you can send a check or money order, payable to “Jamey Newberg,” to:
Vincent Serafino Geary Waddell Jenevein, P.C.
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4100
Dallas, TX 75201
If you’re paying by check, I’d recommend mailing it right away so the event doesn’t close before your payment arrives.
Finally, if you'd like to help contribute to the cause with a $500 or $1,000 sponsorship, let me know. At the $500 and $1,000 levels, you will get mentions in all event-related email plus a signed Bound Edition (year of your choice); at the $1,000 level you will also get mentions in Twitter blasts and in the 2018 Bound Edition.
As with 100 percent of the auction and raffle proceeds, 100 percent of all sponsorship contributions will go to the hurricane relief effort.
If you or your business might be interested, give me a shout.
Let me know if you have questions. And let’s raise a lot for the people of Puerto Rico, land of Pudge Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Ruben Sierra, Alex Claudio, Hector Ortiz, and so many others who have been a huge part of this franchise -- and for our buddy Devin, who has been a huge part of this event ever since we started it.