Some Black Friday #bringit.
If your idea of doing your part to stimulate the economy on this Black Friday is to kick it from the comfort of your desk, you can click this book cover image and, in about a minute, take care of the Rangers fans on your holiday shopping list (and yourself):
Included in the book:
- The return of the ranking of the top 72 prospects in the deep Texas farm system with analysis on each player; a rundown of the best tools among Rangers prospects (in 41 categories); the annual 40-Man Roster Conundrum chapter; predictions for 2013 breakout seasons; and other stuff.
- Nearly 300 pages of day-to-day reports on the 2012 Rangers season, highlighted by . . .
- The off-season that was headlined at the start by the Yu Darvish chase and the signing of Joe Nathan, followed by an explosive Winter Meetings in Dallas that saw C.J. Wilson and Albert Pujols head to Anaheim and an eventful winter with Josh Hamilton that begged for the structure of spring training to hurry up and arrive, contract extensions for Elvis Andrus and Ian Kinsler and Derek Holland, and the fascinating Jairo Beras story.
- The white-hot start to the regular season, and all the gauche scoreboard-watching that went along with it. There was Hamilton’s historic game in Baltimore in May (five months before another game against the Orioles, unfortunately even more memorable), a strong June and a huge draft, Ryan Dempster and Geovany Soto in July, an outstanding August, and a shocking September that started with the unforgettable debut of Jurickson Profar but went downhill from there.
- More instances of the word “gassed” than in the previous 13 Bound Editions combined, and the introduction of #BringIt and #CastleDoctrine and #gloops, and a whole lot of #WTDG and #WTDS.
- All 60+ TROT COFFEY’s that went out by email from November 2011 through the end of the 2012 season, running down the hottest Ranger trade and free agency rumors circulating locally and nationally.
(Another thing: If you’re going to do any of your holiday shopping at Amazon.com, here’s a way to help us out a bit at zero cost to you. If you click the Amazon link on the top of any page on www.NewbergReport.com first, any purchases of any kind you then make at Amazon will kick a small referral fee to the Newberg Report [at no cost to you], which we’ll use to help upgrade our website features.)
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and best wishes for a productive holiday season.
If you’re looking to get your winter started off with some gift certainty, knock out a few of those on your list with a book that has Darvish and Beltre on the front, Andrus and Profar on the back, and all kinds of Rangers overload in between. Help get the Rangers fans on your list through the winter with a shiny new 2013 Bound Edition.
Give the gift of #BringIt.